Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The LVN Patient Navigator enhances navigation through the complexity of hospital admissions for patients and providers as dedicated patient-care facilitators without clinical responsibilities integrated as full members of the inpatient care team responsible for enhancing communication between and among patients and providers. This position will be under the general guidance of the Administrator responsible for inpatient hospital service.
- Reconcile inpatient census with hospitalists and Trucare information
- Assist hospitalists to obtain medical records from outside entities including accurate medication list, specialist consults, hospital records, and any other records requested
- Obtain follow up appointments with primary care physician, and specialists if applicable, prior to discharge, working with the case management and transitions team to coordinate optimal timing
- Liaison for the hospitalists and patients to the clinic health coaches, triage nurses, clinic administrators and primary care physicians if any information needed from hospital portal
- Obtain accurate medication lists on admission and discharge from inpatient facility. Utilize eCW and ePRG as needed to reconcile information
- Assist with medication delivery to patients prior to discharge through relationships with local pharmacy
- Communicate by phone to patients and families after discharge to identify barriers and issue which could possibly cause readmission while appropriately working with primary care clinic staff to resolve
- Coordinate referrals to Palliative Care Program or hospice when requested
- Follow up with hospital and WellMed Case Managers prior to discharge to ensure discharge planning occurs in a timely manner. Be available to answer questions regarding discharge plan and needs of patient and/or family
- Coordinate medical record requests for outside records as needed by the hospitalist team, utilitizing eCW as appropriate or communicating directly with outside physicians
- Assist with DataRAPs initiative to utilize hospitalist encounters to capture HCC codes, including tracking mechanism to measure success
- Gather data as needed and organize participation in PCC meetings creating better collaboration between primary care physicians and hospitalists
- Assist with completion of patient satisfaction surveys for the providers on the hospitalist team including data entry into the appropriate database
- Work with the administrator and hospitalists to identify issues affecting quality, readmissions, leakage, and increased length of stay while working to identify processes to improve
- Monitor quality measures in EPRG to so that when possible metrics can be addressed while in hospital. Understand how to access pink box report and other tools to notify hospital teams of any gaps outstanding for each patient
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse or compact state LVN license
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possesses medical terminology knowledge base
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Additional years of experience working in a medical care setting as a medical assistant or patient care coordinator
- Bilingual language proficiency (English/Spanish)
- Able to work independently
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: LVN Patient Navigator, TX, Texas, Corpus Christi, LVN, Case Manager, Analyst